Senator Brown is working closely with Senator Rob Portman to secure federal disaster assistance for Ohioans hurt by the recent Tornadoes. Individuals in Auglaize, Darke, Greene, Hocking, Mercer, Miami, Montgomery, Muskingum, Perry, and Pickaway Counties can register with FEMA the following ways:
- Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Call the registration phone number at 1-800-621-3362; TTY 1-800-462-7585 directly; Video Relay Service (VRS): 1-800-621-3362.
You may also visit a Disaster Recovery Assistance Center (DRC) to learn more about FEMA and ask questions about your case. To find the closest DRC, use the DRC Locator. A DRC may be able to help you:
- Apply for assistance.
- Learn more about disaster assistance programs.
- Learn the status of your FEMA application.
- Understand any letters you get from FEMA.
- Find housing and rental assistance information.
- Get referrals to agencies that may offer other assistance.
- Learn about Small Business Administration (SBA) programs.
The deadline for individuals seeking disaster assistance is August 19. If you need additional assistance, contact Senator Brown's office here.